Benjamin Britten Centenary, Suffolk
Benjamin Britten Centenary - Accommodation
Visit one of the world's great musical centres, founded by Britten in 1948. Snape Holiday Cottages, Suffolk is the perfect accommodation for the Benjamin Britten Centenary celebrations and is only a few miles from the Snape Maltings Concert Hall and Aldeburgh - http://www.brittenaldeburgh.co.uk/.
The centenary of Benjamin Britten (1913 to 1976), born in Lowestoft, Suffolk, will be marked by special events all over the world. If you want to experience the true spirit of one of the greatest musical minds the UK has produced, you need to visit Aldeburgh itself, where he lived and worked for most of his life.
Here on the Suffolk coast you will find the timeless landscape, sea and big skies that inspired so much of Britten's extraordinary work and continues to inspire artists today.
Here you will also find the beating heart of his wide-ranging legacy the Festival he founded, the iconic Snape Maltings Concert Hall, the support of young talent and his archive which come together to create one of the great musical centres of the world. Came to the Benjamin Britten Centenary and Snape Festival.
Snape Cottages - Distances to Snape Festival
Snape Holiday Cottages offer accommodation near Snape this is close to many of the 2014 Benjamin Britten Centenary events and venues such as:
- Snape Maltings Concert Hall, Snape, Suffolk (2 Miles)
- Britten Studio, Snape Maltings, Snape, Suffolk (2 Miles)
- Snape Village (3 Miles)
- Aldeburgh Cinema, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Aldeburgh Beach and Aldeburgh Town, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Pumphouse, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Aldeburgh Parish Church, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Aldeburgh Cinema Gallery, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Jubilee Hall, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Aldeburgh, Suffolk (8 Miles)
- Lowestoft, Suffolk (28 Miles)
- Blythburgh Church, Blythburgh, Suffolk (14 Miles)
- Yoxford, Suffolk (9 Miles)
- Iken, Suffolk (4 Miles)
- Orford Church, Orford, Suffolk (7 Miles)
- St Michael's Church, Framlingham, Suffolk (9 Miles)
- St Edmund's Church, Southwold, Suffolk (19 Miles)
- Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Wangford, Suffolk (17 Miles)
- Ipswich Corn Exchange, Ipswich, Suffolk (18 Miles)
- St Edmundsbury Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk (39 Miles)
Snape Holiday Cottages can accommodate between 2 and 8 people in their recently renovated traditional English Cottages.
Admiral Cottage and the Nelson Studio are all less than 10 miles travel for the quiet sandy beaches of the Suffolk Coast, and also around 2hrs travelling time by train to from Central London.